Monday, February 16, 2009

Mr. I Play Online Roulette

I played a session with a guy that annouced to our table in the chat box feature he was an inexperienced poker player.

Oh really?

First you have to ask yourself if the guy was just advertising and about to hustle some chips.

Not a gambler? I ask.

He responded, I play strictly online roulette but I play poker with my friends. Thought I'd try it out online.

We started comparing poker to roulette and he said the tournament was fun because you got more value of time for your money.

Yes, I replied if your KK doesn't run into pocket AA on the first hand.

LOL. Yes, you have to option to lose your entire stack on a whirl in roulette, the wheel doesn't dictate decisions. That's a plus of roulette.

The rlette player on my right has revealed his inexperience so I'm not afraid of him. In fact, I'm busy trying to sell him on playing some cash on another table, because he seemed to be truly a weak tight player. He said he wanted to see how the tournament went and he repeated he preferred roulette to anything. He played like an inexperienced numbers guy. He was going to play good cards and good cards only. He knew the had a better chance of drawing a pot.

Some time passes and I've chipped up. A guy I've frequently played with put in a too large raise from the cut-off. I respect him as a player but he's shown a pattern where he bets a certain amount it's kind of a steal. That was the bet size. Mr. "I Play Online Roulette" called.

On the button I look down at AQ suited. The Roulette's player's stack was large but not quite as big as mine. I now had him covered and we were the two biggest stacks still in the tournament. I'm decide I'm pushing and stealing the pot with a shove of almost 20k.

The guy I've played with before almost times out and folds. He types out "Why so much." Drama Queen. Then Mr. "I Play Roulette Online" stewed again almost timing out. I think to myself what your thinking about while the other guy was thinking. I perked up a bit, he must be weak. I hoping for a weak ace. I'd much rather that then a pocket pair.

He calls. No drama queen this time, well there were two queens but they were both in his hand. Now I was drawing slim. What did I do wrong? Besides getting into too big a hand with AQ? Well, that mistake sums it up especially in light of my opponents. I just watched Mr. Online Roulette call a big raise but instead of remembering to play fundalmental poker and credit him with a hand I ignore his range.

I could argue I thought at worse I was in coin flip and had plenty of pot to justify flipping at that juncture but why not a call and a fold with the flop skipped me.

After I busted out, I decided to try out Mr. I Play Online Roulette's own game. Must say we both had better results at the other's discipline instead of own. And he was right in roulette I didn't have to put my whole stack at risk unless I wanted to. There was no rationale in my head to dictate it, except that I wante to gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sitemeter